Looks like Hurn house is finally getting there!! Once again our team have been fantastic and have been working around the clock to make sure we hit our deadlines for completion, all the final cosmetic touches are being done now and so furnishing is being put in place ready for student occupation. The current sub-contractors working on site are:
Jade Aden Steel fabricators
MJG Plumbing and heating suppliers
B&R Electrical contractors
Scott Carty Decorators
Sales Mark West flooring
Trovex Wall cladding
English Trading Company
Please find below a detailed list of all works completed over the last three weeks;
- Painting and decoration of all plasterboard walls and woodwork to floors 1.
- First and second coats of Paint to communal stairs and plastering of all communal walls for 1-11, and painting handrails.
- Front entrance A has been prepared and new steps have been formed, new aluminium doors have just been installed!!!!
- Completed 100% of second fix electrical works to floor 10 and 11 and completed 100% first fix and second on floor 1.
- Completed 100% of plumbing works to floor 1.
- Ply flooring has now been played on floors 10/11, Amtico floor covering has now been laid on Floor 10/11 and will commence of floor 1 this week.
- Aluminium Front doors have been fitted, and key fob system is now being installed
- Lift motor has been reconditioned and is ready for use, the new lift parts have arrived from Italy and the construction of the new lift has commenced.
- Steel staircase for floors 10 and 11 is now complete, and fully installed between floors 10 / 11.
- Steel staircase for the fire escape has now been fully erected and the external cladding is 90% complete.
- Additional kitchens and furniture for floors 1/10/11 are all installed and Trovex splash backs have been applied
- The laundry facility room now being prepared and washing machine/dryers are being fitted now.
- All appliances have now been delivered for all studio kitchens and communal lounges
- Curtains are being fitted now.
- LABC warranty providers have been on site to review progress and confirm specification.
- Building control have visited site to ensure we are conforming to current regulations.
PGP and WT Partnership are constantly onsite monitoring progress and verifying works payments to ensure we are all in accordance with contracts, they are both extremely satisfied with works and confirm we are on progress for completion. We have confirmed bookings for the first week in July for all of Hurn house for summer rentals which is fantastic news for all involved. We look forward to providing further updates in two weeks and hope you are all pleased with progress onsite, if you have any questions please feel free to contact our team.