Great news everyone, the steel staircase is finally erected and all the way unto 11 stories !!!, we have been working around the clock to make this happen and our team have been fantastic in performing to ensure we maintain our completion deadlines.
Currently working on site are the following contractors and we have 25 full-time labour and management staff under Wilson and Sharp Group.
Jade Aden Steel fabricators
MJG Plumbing and heating suppliers
B&R Electrical contractors
Scott Carty Decorators
Sales Mark West flooring
Dorset Crane Hire
The team have been working extremely hard on floors 10/11 and are now almost complete and ready for soft furnishings, in the last week we have received two full truck loads of furniture to complete all kitchens and bedrooms on floors 1/10/11 . The boarding/carpentry team have now dropped down to floor one to complete works, the painting and decorating team have commenced painting through floor 1 and are staring to make good the communal stairs ready for painting and flooring coverings to be applied. We have completed the following areas in Hurn house over the past 3 weeks:
- Painting and decoration of all plasterboard walls and woodwork to floors 10/11 and started on floor 1.
- Tested and installed all electrical works to fuse boards / rooms and communal areas to floors 10/11.
- Completed 100% of first fix electrical works to floor 10 and 11 and completed second fix on floor 10 and 80% on floor 11.
- Completed 100% of plumbing and ventilation works to floor 10 and 11.
- Flooring on 9 has been ply’ed and floors 10/11 will be commenced this week, all amtico flooring product is now onsite and ready to be installed.
- New aluminium doors have now been designed and ordered of front entrances, will be delivered in 3 weeks.
- Lift has commenced refurbishment and new lift parts have now been ordered and will be onsite in 4 weeks.
- Steel staircase for floors 10 and 11 is now complete, the flooring slab has been cut out and the stairs will be installed next week.
- Steel staircase for the fire escape has now been fully erected all the way unto the 11th floor, we will commence the cladding material next week so we can close the stairs and have 100% complete by mid May.
- Additional furniture for floors 1/10/11 have been delivered in two truck loads and is now being loaded out into each room for carpenters to assemble and fit.
- Wi fi system has been ordered
- All appliances have now been ordered for all studio kitchens and communal lounges
- Curtains have been manufactured and we are arranging fitting for last week in May
- LABC warranty providers have been on site to review progress and confirm specification.
- Building control have visited site to ensure we are conforming to current regulations.
PGP and WT Partnership are constantly onsite monitoring progress and verifying works payments to ensure we are all in accordance with contracts, they are both extremely satisfied with works and confirm we are on progress for completion. We have confirmed bookings for the first week in July for all of Hurn house for summer rentals which is fantastic news for all involved. We look forward to providing further updates in two weeks and hope you are all pleased with progress onsite, if you have any questions please feel free to contact our team.