Hurn House progress
Currently working on site are the following contractors and we have 15 full-time labour and management staff under Wilson and Sharp.
Jade Aden Steel fabricators
MJG Plumbing and heating suppliers
B&R Electrical contractors
Scott Carty Decorators
The team have been working extremely hard on floors 10/11 and are now almost complete and ready for painting and soft furnishings. The boarding/carpentry team will now be ready to drop down to floor one to commence works along side the M and E contractors, we have completed the following areas in Hurn house over the past 3 weeks:
- Painting and decoration of all plasterboard walls and woodwork to floors 6/7/8/9 and initial base coat onto floor 10.
- Tested and installed all electrical works to fuse boards / rooms and communal areas to floors 7/8/9
- Completed 100% of first fix electrical works to floor 10 and 90% to floor 11
- Completed 100% of plumbing and ventilation works to floor 10 and 70% to floor 11
- Flooring on 9/10/11 will be plyed and ready for vinyl coverings from next week
- New aluminium doors have now been designed and ordered of front entrances.
- Lift has commenced refurbishment and new lift parts have now been ordered.
- Steel staircase for floors 10 and 11 is now complete and ready to be delivered to site.
- Steel staircase for the fire escape will be delivered from Tuesday the 28th and the first 3 floors will be erected by spider crane.
- Additional furniture for floors 1/10/11 have been designed and ordered, the furniture is planned in for delivery in 3 weeks
- Concrete cutting of floor slab has commenced in floor 10, and steel will be installed next week to form staircase between 10/11
- LABC warranty providers have been on site to review progress and confirm specification.
- Building control have visited site to ensure we are conforming to current regulations.